Create Your Own Ticket Management System with SharePoint
Microsoft Development services have come a long way in facilitating organizations for online data management. One of the best tools for online data management available in the market is Microsoft SharePoint. SharePoint comes with a lot of productive features that can be used to save time and do more tasks in less time.
Microsoft Development Company Such As Al Rafay Consulting can help the organization to utilize SharePoint features to their fullest and take full advantage of this online tool. Ticket Management in customer service departments, technical services, and incidents… is a task that does not always require specific software.
Rigorous Ticket Management facilitates the organization of your technicians and will create a positive image of your company, transmitting the message that the customer comes first.
For this reason, managing customer service, technical services or incidents through excel tables is already obsolete.
As we already talked about in the article Manage Excel tables from SharePoint lists and vice versa, we can take advantage of the use of Office365 and create our own ticket management system, registration of Diets and kilometres, vacation requests… by transferring the information from any Excel to SharePoint. This platform, through the creation of defined views and permissions, allows information management from any device (APP or browser) making online communication between all stakeholders more fluid.
Also Read About: 7 Reasons To Use SharePoint For Contract Management
This ticket manager can be as complex or simple as you need, building a database with related SharePoint Lists, a proprietary application with which to address both internal incidents and requests from your customers (external incidents). The scalability of these tools allows you to start with small applications that are developed and grow, so they are for any business size, companies with different locations, schools, institutions with a lot of device load, etc.
What Do You Need To Start?
- It is obvious that you have to have an O365 plan and SharePoint Online
- An account dedicated to this use
- Access to Microsoft Flow, and forms
- Very clear permissions policy to assign roles and protect data
- Configure SharePoint List as Ticketing System Repository
- Logically configure column formatting for greater customization and usability
- Create personal views depending on the assigned role (administrator, manager, technician…) or (New, assigned, unassigned…) to improve management
- With Microsoft Forms create a form
- Create two workflows: the first for new requests and the second for case resolution. Remember that you need to have access to Outlook
Example of lists necessary to manage computer incidents:
- Specific technicians who are experts in different areas
- Locations to which the tickets would be computed (offices, departments…)
- Types of incidents, list the most frequent and include “others” for new cases
- Incident Status
List of incident records including apart from these selectable fields (related lists) others of interest such as:
- Who registers the request, date and time, is detected by the SharePoint login
- The person in charge will assign the technician to whom the intervention corresponds
- Real-time control of the status of the incident: pending, solved, etc.
- Space for observations that the technician would fill in according to needs
- And many other questions that each company needs for its operation
We accompany you to facilitate the creation of your own ticket management system in SharePoint Sometimes you do not have enough time and you will require an external contribution to facilitate its creation. For this very specific reason you need to contact Al Rafay Consulting.
Knowing the SharePoint environment, we can create this application developed entirely in your business space, covering your needs and with the permissions and roles that you need.
The creation of views of this same list and the registration form can be different for each profile:
- A form in which the user registers the incident
- Another form for the person in charge who assigns the specific technician and starts it up
- or the form for the technician that indicates the status, the situation of the incident
- View for those responsible for the different locations has control of the incidents reported to their department
- Along with these lists and forms located in SharePoint, we can complement the workflow with notifications and send notices to interested parties and automate recurring tasks.
- When an incident is edited, automatically changes the status
- To assign an incident to the technician, give notice by email or push notification on your mobile
- When it is resolved, communicate to the user and the technical manager
- Microsoft Office 365 plans have SharePoint included. Using it solely as a document manager makes you lose great benefits that result in your productivity.