Can Sky3ds+ play 3DS games on Switch?
We know all that a sky3ds+ flashcart is the best choice to play free 3ds games, and the Nintendo Switch is one of the best video game console nowadays, so you may ask yourself: Can I play 3ds on switch with sky3ds+ card? I know there is an emulator called Citra for PC, but I am looking to get rid of my 3ds and use my switch to play 3ds games. My question is if that is even possible. I can’t seem to find any posts that can prove that this will work.
Sky3ds, why is it the best to play 3ds roms on 3DS ?
Sky3ds+ or SKY3DS Plus is the best 3ds flashcard that is compatible with 2DS, 3DS (XL) and New3DS (XL, LL) in version 11.10.0-43 and all lower firmware. In addition, with orange buttons, Sky3ds+ can turn 3ds games as simply as possible. Players can even run homebrews with sky3ds plus.
Sky3ds+ reads these free 3ds games, even the latest ones
Sky3ds Plus features:
- SKY3DS Plus supports 3ds games on a latest 3ds or New3ds update up to 11.10.0-43
- Sky3ds+ has two orange buttons to switch 3ds games, the orange button on the left and right which is easier to switch from one ROM to another.
- Easier to use which does not have a diskwriter and file template.
- Sky3ds+ is updated firmware regularly to play more newer games.
- Sky3ds+ can run last 3ds games because the team has solved the anti-piracy problem.
- Supports homebrews.
Guide how to play 3ds games with sky3ds+ ?
- First, format your SD card in FAT32 with clusters of 64 or 32 kb (option available in the windows formatting tool). If the SD card is not detected at the correct size, use SDFormatter (free), and set the format size adjustement options to ON.
- download the first link (firmware button) on this page (http://sky3dsplus.net/download.html), then extract it, take the file (firmware.bin) and put it at the root of your SD. Currently, his last kernel is V140
- put the SD in the Sky3ds+ and plug it into a USB cable provided on your PC, as long as it flashes (red LED then green on the Sky3ds+) DO NOT unplug the flashcard
- once the LEDs are off, you can remove the flashcard, remove the SD, put it back on the PC, delete the firmware file and copy your 3DS games (in .3ds format) to the root of the SD. I do not advise to copy the games with the sd in the Sky3ds+, the flow is horrible, an SD card reader is cheap and will do a better job.
from there you should be able to play EUR games offline without worry.
Can I play Nintendo 3ds on switch with sky3ds plus?
The good news: the Switch is successfully running Nintendo 3DS games.
A video shared by Reddit shows The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D running on Nintendo Switch via Citra, a 3DS emulator. Unlike DS games, 3DS games have not reached full speed on Switch yet, so it may take some time to get them to run efficiently.
The bad news: it’s not using flashcard sky3ds but a jailbreak method to install cunstom firmware on Nintendo Switch then play 3ds games with 3ds emulator.
Tutoriel play 3ds games on switch
Step 0 : what you need
- A hackable Switch
- A SD card of at least 2Gb, formatted in FAT32
Step 1 : preparing the SD card
- Make sure that your SD card is FAT32 formatted, exFAT will not work
- Download the latest stable archive from here (https://lakka-switch.github.io/documentation/archives.html)
- Extract the content of the directory in the archive and copy the lakka and bootloader folders to the root of your SD card
- download the citra emulator from its official site and extract it to sd card, too.
- download your favorite 3ds roms (maybe some games are not compatible now with this method !)
Step 2 : booting Lakka
To boot Lakka, you need a working installation of hekate 4.0 (or later) on the Switch. We won’t cover this topic here, as there are multiple guides already existing. The most simple way is to use SX Pro switch hacking tool to jailbreak your switch.
Once hekate is running on your Switch, you can boot Lakka by going to Launch > More configs > Lakka, then launch the Citra.